Sunday, August 2, 2009

Keepsake Quilting

This weekend I went to the best quilt shop ever - Keepsake Quilting. My quilter's guild, CVQG, organized a bus trip to Keepsake Quilting and to The Lady's of the Lake Quilt show. We had a great time and the bus ride went by fast because I had great company!

I have always wanted to go to Keepsake Quilting and I finally got to go. As you walk into the shop your mouth starts to water. Every possible quilitng fabric is there. I love how they had everything displayed. The fabric bolts were drapped so you just wanted to touch them all. I headed straight for the sale area and found some great stripped fabric for only $3.99 a yard. I grabbed a whole bunch of fabrics and I plan on making some cute jumpers and skirts for my girls. After I picked out the stripped fabrics I had to find some coordinating floral fabrics. We spent 2 hours at the shop and I could have easily spent another hour there. I can't wait to go back. I've always loved their catalog and now I finally went to their shop.

The Lady of the Lake Quilt show was also great. They had over 400 quilts on display and many vendor. I found a really cute jumper pattern that will work great with the fabric I bought. It was a great day, long but great, and I can't wait for another bus trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment